About Me


About Me



Hi! Welcome to my blog! My name is Suzie and after working as an accountant for 10 years, I decided to give up the rat race and switch careers. My husband, who was serving as a Psychologist in the Air Force did the same. Now we both teach high school in San Antonio, Texas. I teach Geometry and my husband teaches Physics. During the summer we take our kids on all kinds of fun vactions. This year we purchased our first pop-up trailer and couldn't be more thrilled. It's a 2003 Colman Utah and we pull it with our 2011 Ford F150 Eco Boost. This blog is devoted to my pop-up adventures. Please enjoy.



Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Box Is Done!

We took the newly refurbished trailer out for two weeks in California, Nevada, and Utah. It did great! A little water leaked in through the locking handles but that should be easily fixed. I'm so happy.




I still haven't installed a bar to hold the lid open.


That orange stuff is fire proof stop gap foam that I used to repair the melted insulation on the water heater. It seems to be working great.







It looks great doesn't it?

12 comments:

  1. Wow!!!! Your guy did an amazing job.
    I wish I could do the same thing on my trailer.
    ��������

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks great! I have a 2001 Coleman Westlake that has the typical leak and floor rot in my storage trunk. Would LOVE to do this on mine. Any chance you have the measurements and details. I may try to find a local metal guy to do this for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately I do not. I'm sorry. I wish you good luck!

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

  4. I'm up in the Fort Worth area. I wonder if M&M metals can make another one. One less shiny and with an aluminum floor since the floor is rotting out of my 2001 Niagara storage box.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And with a cut out for the water heater. :-)

      Delete
    2. What are the prices to have your front storage compartment on your camper fixed

      Delete
  5. Hello. I know this is an older post but I have a 2000 Utah with much the same issue. Is there any chance I can get a copy of the plans I saw in some of the pictures?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also is there anything you can add that you have learned since then.

      Delete
  6. great solution...coleman is the best PUP, but the up front storage box is an achilles heel. this looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can you help me with my 2000 Coleman Westlake pop up trailer? I need to replace my storage box. Can you please send my your drawings? Thanks again

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your storage box looks great. I have a 2000 Coleman Westlake, the entire front storage box has cracks, and holes. The floor in the storage area is wet sawdust. Is there any way you can send me your drawings? I would appreciate very much. Thanks again

    ReplyDelete