About Me


About Me



Hi! Welcome to my blog! My name is Suzie and after working as an accountant for 10 years, I decided to give up the rat race and switch careers. My husband, who was serving as a Psychologist in the Air Force did the same. Now we both teach high school in San Antonio, Texas. I teach Geometry and my husband teaches Physics. During the summer we take our kids on all kinds of fun vactions. This year we purchased our first pop-up trailer and couldn't be more thrilled. It's a 2003 Colman Utah and we pull it with our 2011 Ford F150 Eco Boost. This blog is devoted to my pop-up adventures. Please enjoy.



Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Demolition I

I started by removing all of the obvious screws and bolts that I found inside the trunk. Each time I took out a screw or removed a nut, I took a picture of the hardwear next to the area where it was supposed to go. I wasn't sure how many of the original pieces I would need to use, and I didn't want to have parts left over. That cutie in the background is my 3 year-old, Holly. She helped by getting me drinks of water. It was over 95 degrees in the hot Texas sun!


This bracket connects the side board to the bulkhead. It is held on by bolts and rivets. We ended up removing the rivets with a drill/dremmel tool targeted attack.


There are several screws all around the inside lip of the trunk and in the light fixture. I had to buy a special star bit for the drill to remove some of the screws.


This metal L-bracket houses the wiring for the inside light and the outside shoulder lights. It also collected water from the crack in the deck and dumped it out through the light fixture. It was easy to remove.


This bracket connects the bulkhead to the floor. Easy to remove.

No comments:

Post a Comment