About Me


About Me



Hi! Welcome to my blog! My name is Suzie and after working as an accountant for 10 years, I decided to give up the rat race and switch careers. My husband, who was serving as a Psychologist in the Air Force did the same. Now we both teach high school in San Antonio, Texas. I teach Geometry and my husband teaches Physics. During the summer we take our kids on all kinds of fun vactions. This year we purchased our first pop-up trailer and couldn't be more thrilled. It's a 2003 Colman Utah and we pull it with our 2011 Ford F150 Eco Boost. This blog is devoted to my pop-up adventures. Please enjoy.



Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Reconstruction I

 I cut a new floor out of 3/4" outdoor treated plywood. I made sure to keep the old floor so that I could use it as a template.


I glued vinyl flooring to the plywood. I bought the flooring and the glue at Lowe's. The rolling pin came from the kitchen and helped get out the bubbles.


This plastic gasket was designed to go in between the trunk floor and the cabin floor. It wasn't large enough to accomate the new 3/4" floor so I had to cut off the bottom flange. It was shaped like a "T" when I was done. I applied silicone caulk and then stapled the vertical section to the cut edge of the floor. I applied more silicone caulk when I joined the two floor pieces together.


I cut out a new bulkhead from 1/8" oak veneer plywood. It wasn't thick enough so I had to use two layers. 1/4" would have been perfect. I stained it with a stain/polyurethane combination in what my husband calls "cheesy 90's oak color." It was the closest match to the original cabinets.


The shelf behind the electrical box fell down when I removed the bulkhead. Apparently it was stapled to it. I wanted to prop it up while I still had access to the area (without pulling out the electrical box) so I built this little support stand out of ferring strips.


1 comment:

  1. I am very interested in your project. Is there any way you could email me? bbrown2933@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete